If left unclean for a long period of time, your ventilation system could be the largest cause of your household dust and allergy problems.
Household dust is the worst offender for causing indoor allergy and asthma symptoms, it gets trapped and collects inside the ventilation system resulting in a steep decrease of the indoor air quality and adds to the indoor air pollution in your home.
Annual air duct cleaning will help improve the indoor air quality, reduce allergies and sickness and increase your homes energy efficiency.
By simply cleaning and maintaining your HVAC system on a yearly basis (your dryer vent too), you can significantly reduce household dust and microbial contamination. For particularly sensitive individuals and those living in very high humidity environments, the system should be cleaned every six months.
The (EPA) Environmental Protection Agency says indoor air has been found to be up to 70 percent more polluted than outdoor air. Let us help you, there are many things that we can do to ensure the air you breathe in your home is as clean and healthful as it can be.
WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTANT?
- Children are more likely than adults to be effected by poor indoor air quality (Dept. of Consumer Affairs)
- The average six room house collects 40 pounds of dust a year (Discover Magazine)
- Air ducts contain more germs than a chicken coo
- Most filters are less than 50 percent efficient in stopping dirt, dust, pollen, etc. from passing through it.
- As much as 50 percent of allergy are either caused or aggravated by indoor air quality. Air duct cleaning can help eliminate the causes of allergies, including house mold (American College of Allergists).